Hacking is commonly known for an unauthorized interruption into a network or computer. And a person who is engaged in hacking actions is a hacker. Now, hacking can conclude via several modes- Trojans, viruses, click-bait, spam-ware, key-logger, waterhole attacks, and phishing attacks are just to name a very few. In this blog, we will discuss some effective tips to protect your online data from hackers and before that we firstly discuss the motive of hacking.
Why do people hacks:
• The sheer fun of it
• It’s their job
• Sell stolen data to the hackers or on the dark-net
• Practice learned skills
• Spy on the business or people for a third-party
• Political expression and curiosity
• For displaying importance in the hacking community
As you know why someone hacks your online data, so now we’ll go ahead with the steps that you should take to stop hackers from hacking your data.
It is advisable to use a combination of big and small letters, special characters, and numbers while creating a password. Also, it is advisable to do not use the exact anniversary, birthday, and house number in your password. And most necessarily, never use the same password for all your accounts on several platforms. Apart from this, change your password from time to time.
Also, do not use your main email account for all sites. Everything on the internet is not that safe to trust them. Always play safe and secure and never use your email ID as your username on any site. It provides a simple hint to hackers. For minimizing these harmful cyber-attacks, make sure to use a secure online collaboration system with bank-level security by using data encryption for both data in transit and at rest.
Be careful while accessing the internet in the public Wi-Fi as it isn’t secure. It could allow the man-in-the-middle attacks to gain access o whatever you are doing online, even your bank online details. Malware spread, identity theft, and phishing is a high risk when using free public Wi-Fi.
Secure Browsing Habits
Make sure and be careful to do not click on suspicious links or download anything online at all. Clickbait and phishing use your unsafe browsing habits and makes secure browsing a habit. Always be on the lookout for a safe and secure website with the Secure Sockets Layers which provides extra security protocol and one which has https:// at the starting of the URL. Other browsers also keep a padlock icon that indicates security on the website.
Share Less on Social Media
It has become a general practice to share each bit of personal life on social media. Just don’t, because it is not safe to do there. Your public announcement of your personal life will make you more vulnerable to a hacking attack.
Be Attentive with Connectivity
There’re lots of great reasons to shut off your PC and phone periodically. It is harder to hack electronics when they are powered down. Be aware of where you connect and sites for which you sign up. Make sure before connected to any sites for which you sign up. If you connect based on need rather than fancy, you will reduce your risk.
• An essential way to keep your browsing anonymous is to appear to be someone else in a different location. It requires a VPN virtual private network connection that hides your IP address and browsing activities that in results ensure that you cannot be identified.
• In most cases, your IP address knows your approximate physical location possibly your time zone and the language you speak, all of which is excellent information for the data breaches.
• Your browser can also report on your system, browser type as well as what versions of the software which you run for the browser plug-ins. It also reports on your installed fonts. It can provide your PC a unique fingerprint.
• A VPN masks this information so that the data brokers cannot assign a distinctive ID to you that effectively render your web browsing data redundant. BullGuard VPN is one of the best VPNs available that provides total internet privacy.
By following these few tips, you can keep your online data safe from hackers. The given tips are easy to follow and provide excellent security to your data. It is also recommended to use two-step authentication and never click on any un-trusted link or never download any un-trusted applications.