• 27, September 2021
If you have installed fake security software on your device then uninstall it ASAP before it causes any damage to your PC. BullGuard Antivirus is the best security software program that a person must have installed on their device. But there are a few fake websites that embed malware into the setup file of BullGuard and design it as same as the genuine.
If you just have installed BullGuard antivirus and it starts misbehaving on your device like ‘your system starts hanging’, ‘there are some apps that get corrupted, or something is not going good then, it might be a fake antivirus and at that time you will need to uninstall it immediately and then, download it from official website that is bullguard.com.
One can easily uninstall BullGuard antivirus and for that, you will need to follow a few steps which are mentioned below. We have described a lot of ways through which you can get it uninstalled.
• You can uninstall the BullGuard program from the control panel and by keeping this in your mind, move ahead with the option to Uninstall a program
• You will see a window with the installed program list. There you have to choose BullGuard Antivirus and then, you have to right-click on it. Choose Uninstall to get it done
• When you are done with clicking on Uninstall then, follow the on-screen instructions of the wizard, and all set you are
• On the welcome screen, you will be reminded for closing BullGuard, and there, you have to press Next to move ahead-
• You have the choice to maintain or delete the security profile settings and it is very useful in case if you want to reinstall them later
• After a few seconds, you will then see that the un-installation is finished. To confirm the un-installation, you have to restart the computer and click on Finish
If the usual un-installation method doesn’t work then, all you have to do is to remove BullGuard manually, and let’s move ahead with the steps-
You easily can uninstall BullGuard on a manual basis and for that, you have to move ahead with the steps-
• Start the PC in Safe mode and delete the folders, files, and hard drive
• Remove the BullGuard entries from the system registry and for that,
• Press the Win + R key simultaneously and open the Run box
• Type Regedit and click on Ok and click on ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission the registry editor
• Go to the registry editor and there click on the Edit menu and click on find
• Type ‘BullGuard’ in the search bar and then, click on the ‘Find Next’ to find the BullGuard keyword in the system registry
• You will find the registry key, data, value and find the Delete registry key that is linked to BullGuard
• After that, press the F3 key to get the next entry and delete all registry entries that are linked to BullGuard
BullGuard antivirus comes with security tools to protect the PC from viruses and threats and but it is not the best in the market. This is a basic security product and not full-featured. Hence, some people will choose common causes that people uninstall BullGuard antivirus-
• BullGuard Antivirus doesn’t meet the expectation of customer
• The program lessen PC performance and BullGuard
• Want to switch to other security software
• Only want to use trial or testing purpose
Open the Start Menu and locate BullGuard antivirus in ‘All’ apps. Right-click on the BullGuard antivirus and select Uninstall from the drop-down menu that appears
• When you click on Start menu and select Settings and you have opted System and click on Apps and features
• Click on BullGuard antivirus in the right pane and then, click on Uninstall
You will see a pop-up window that will inform you that the app and the related info will be uninstalled and after that, you have to click on Uninstall to ensure that the removal and go through the Un-installation utility by following the prompts on the screen.