• 29, June 2021
BullGuard has become the best security software when it comes to scan devices against viruses, malware, and online threats. BullGuard comes with a custom scan, quick scan, and full scanner feature and it depends on the scanning you chose if you are looking for time. If you have chosen Full Scan then, it might take up to 30 minutes to scan (depends on internet connection).
Where there is technology there will be some errors too. It means, there are some scanning errors linked with BullGuard antivirus. We will discuss the exact resolutions for different errors of BullGuard security software. Every error has its own fixings and we will discuss all of them one by one.
When there are errors while scanning the device then, you won’t be able to scan your device using BullGuard. So, it is recommended to fix the errors immediately.
There are some instructions given below and they will help to resolve the BullGuard slow-scanning issue.
• First of all, check the file size large so, it is recommended to stop the scan procedure. Select some certain files or folder and conduct the scan operation
• Check if any other antivirus software is running on the PC and if so, then disable it on temporary basic
• After that, you will need to try to conduct the scan again
If the issue still persists then, you will need to run a check disk and if any bad sectors are found while running the check disk procedure then, it is recommended to contact the experts to get exact assistance to resolve the issue
• For running the check disk procedure, follow the instructions mentioned below. For that, you have to open the Command Prompt window on the system
• There, you have to type chkdsk/r command in the mentioned Command Prompt and the drive will be locked now. The scanning procedure takes place on the next reboot
If the issue remains unfixed, then you have to click on the Call option and as quick as you click on the Call button, you will be redirected to the experts. They will help you to fix the BullGuard slow-scanning issue
If the BullGuard security stops the scan procedure unexpectedly, then it is advisable to uninstall and reinstall the software to resolve this problem
• Go to the system’s Control Panel section and choose the Programs option followed by Uninstall a Program
• Now you will see the list of installed programs on the screen and there, you have to navigate BullGuard in the program list and then, double-click on it
• After that, you will see the BullGuard Premium Protection Uninstall window on your screen
• Click on the Next option to start the BullGuard software uninstallation procedure and keep the Settings window as it is
• If you want to save the current BullGuard settings for future use, then you have to click on the checkbox that appears beside the Keep the settings option • Now, the BullGuard uninstallation procedure starts, and on the successful completion of the uninstallation procedure, the BullGuard Premium Protected Uninstall Completion Window will pop up with two options: “Reboot Now” and “I want to Reboot Manually later”
• After that, choose any one of the options and click on the Finish option and now, re-install the BullGuard application again on the system
• Go to the BullGuard official website and download the software file and install it on the system
After the re-installation, you have to start the BullGuard application and try to run the scan operation and if the issue persists then, experts will fix the issue
If the scan job is stuck unexpectedly in the BullGuard application then, you will need to check if the system is infected by any virus. If so, then
• Remove the virus from the system because BullGuard won’t be able to conduct the scan operation in the system infected by the virus
• Run the System File Checker tool to fix the files that are stored on the system and open the Command Prompt app on the system
• If the Windows version is 8, 8.1, 10 then, you will need to run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management before running the System File Checker
• Now, you have to type the DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth command in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter the button on the system control panel
• Start the scan procedure by entering the SFC/Scannow command in the Command Prompt window and the above command will scan all the folders, files, drives stored on the system
At the end of the scan operation, you will receive a message describing the scanning procedure. If the issue not fixed then, all you need to do is to contact the technical experts at BullGuard Helpline UK to get instant assistance.